Our chefs came up with this as an example of how to stimulate that trigeminal nerve of yours. It’s a simple, classic treat we think you will love to try out at home.
Yield: 1 Loaf
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ cup light brown sugar
½ cup roasted pumpkin puree
3 to 4 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne
⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
¾ cup cashews
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy and slightly pale in color.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition and scraping the bowl as needed. Add the pumpkin, bananas and vanilla extract and mix well at medium speed.
- In a separate medium sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cayenne, and cardamom.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients over low speed until well combined. Add in the cashews and mix well.
- Pour the mixture evenly into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes before removing from loaf pan and slicing.
Read this article and more like it in our quarterly newsletter, Tasteology!