The Senior Food Scientist is responsible for performing and leading research, development and problem-solving projects relating to NWF in order to accelerate and enable new product and new process development.
- Serve as expert or specialist in the fundamental sciences pertinent to food technology, chemistry, product development and application
- Has superior productivity in designated core business category
- Able to gather, interpret and analyze technical information from multiple sources to relate impact on business performance
- Provide technical and analytical resource support an act as a mentor or coach for any level Scientist
- Act a project coordinator and leader for multifunctional teams on short or long term special projects
- Identify and implement improved work processes
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Culinary Science, Biology, Chemistry or related field.
- 8+ years of overall experience (4-5 years of experience with Seasonings and/or Flavors).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- General knowledge in Adobe applications, MS Office, AS400 and Lotus Notes.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please contact the Human Resources Department before the posting is removed. All employees who express an interest in the position and who are qualified will be considered.
- Location: Cleveland, TN
- Department: R and D
- Newly Weds Foods is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Newly Weds Foods is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.