The Senior Corporate Chef is responsible for creating flavorful and innovative culinary solutions that generate traffic and profitability for Newly Weds Foods by supporting the product development efforts of Tyson/Hillshire across a variety of product platforms. This individual will work directly and collaboratively with NWF Springdale R&D, NWF culinary as well as Tyson/Hillshire culinary in creating on-trend, targeted and relevant food ideas/concepts for customer presentation. In this role, they will be a visible and significant contributor to Newly Weds Foods’ industry leading culinary team.
- Dedicated to developing consumer insight driven solutions for the Tyson/Hillshire customer by combining customer/segment knowledge, culinary and foodservice-to-retail knowledge.
- Work closely with the Newly Weds Foods customer development, sales, marketing & culinary support teams to develop selling strategies, channel targets, create and test recipes/finished products and techniques for food preparations and culinary presentations against all Tyson/Hillshire products positioned for both foodservice and retail distribution.
- Work directly and collaboratively with the Newly Weds Foods Tyson/Hillshire R&D team of food technologists and product development specialists.
- Provide support as a culinary consultant, providing insight through the development process, demonstrating an understanding of culinary trends, menu & product application, and recipe/finished product execution. In addition, the position requires a strong foundation in relationship (customers, industry associations), project management & presentation skills.
- Articulate ideas to various audiences in a clear and concise manner and must possess skills to understand how to build targeted profitability into new product creations.
- Maintain a professional level of food quality and sanitation standards at all times.
- Maintain an interactive process working in the Tyson kitchen, with Tyson chefs and often with competitor chefs.
- Represent Newly Weds Foods industry leadership position by demonstrating interpersonal and culinary skill sets consistent with the company’s standing in the food ingredient field.
- Conceptualize, design, create, evaluate, and present new food concepts/products for targeted markets and customers that are built upon; excellent flavor, operations, manufacturing, distribution, food safety, corporate strategy, and profitability.
- Obtain an adequate/appropriate understanding of customers, business goals, operations, corporate climate and culture while representing Newly Weds Foods.
- Pursue and establish appropriate relationships with key individuals within a customer base in order to elevate Newly Weds Foods from a product / service provider to a partner within key accounts.
- Participate in the creation of on trend, standardized recipes for Newly Weds Foods R&D support.
- Coordinate and communicate with Marketing and Sales to maximize NWF advantage over its competitors.
- Interface with Newly Weds Foods R&D teams to create business opportunities.
- Support, participate and Initiate to select research and development projects to improve Newly Weds Foods ability to innovate new concepts / products.
- Interface closely and contribute significantly to R&D on select custom design initiatives to ensure product integrity and improve speed to market.
- Understand restaurant operations and able to navigate menus.
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in applied Culinary Arts.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in restaurant and/or foodservice industry.
- Effective project management skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office and web based platforms.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please contact the Human Resources Department before the posting is removed. All employees who express an interest in the position and who are qualified will be considered.
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Department: Culinary
- Newly Weds Foods is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Newly Weds Foods is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.