The Corporate Quality Assurance Associate III is responsible for performing quality assurance and quality control support duties as assigned at headquarters Corporate Quality Assurance and within manufacturing Divisions and special projects.
- Provide leadership and support to plant based quality personnel.
- Provide quality & food safety leadership and input into product and process development activities. Work with plant and research personnel to ensure product consistency.
- Identify, lead and facilitate broad based product quality & food safety programs and improvement throughout the company to set a level of superior performance against customer expectations.
- Perform supplier /vendor food safety & quality audits.
- Assist in the development of facility based environmental program risk assessments.
- Conduct ingredient food safety risk assessments as necessary to support business objectives.
- Working under the direction of a Plant Quality Control Manager, lead and facilitate Division based Center of Specification improvement projects.
- Works with plant management team to develop and implement quality system programs and policies as necessary, such as HACCP, Allergen Control, Process Control, etc.
- Position requires frequent travel, in some cases on short notice, with the ability to stay over weekends. Travel includes both domestic and international assignments.
- Perform other duties or special projects as specified
- Require a Bachelor’s Degree in a related area.
- six to eight years’ experience.
- Excellent math skills and general knowledge of statistical data analysis is required.
- Food plant experience and knowledge of GMP and HACCP related topics is desired.
- Strong communication, analytical abilities, organization skills and general knowledge of Adobe applications, Microsoft 0ffice and Lotus Notes.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please contact the Human Resources Department before the posting is removed. All employees who express an interest in the position and who are qualified will be considered.
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Department: QA
- Newly Weds Foods is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Newly Weds Foods is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.