The Corporate Quality Assurance Associate I is responsible for performing quality assurance and quality control support duties as assigned at headquarters Corporate Quality Assurance and within manufacturing Divisions and special projects.
- Working under the direction of a Corporate Quality Manager, perform supplier /vendor food safety & quality audits.
- Position requires frequent travel, in some cases on short notice, with the ability to stay over weekends. Travel includes both domestic and international assignments.
- Works on special projects as assigned, not already included herein.
- Working under the direction of a Plant Quality Control Manager, conduct employee training for Quality & Food Safety Programs, such as GMP’s HACCP, Food Safety, Allergen Awareness, etc.
- Working under the direction of Corporate Sanitation Compliance Manager or Director, assist in development of facility based environmental program risk assessments.
- Working under the direction of a Corporate Quality Manager, perform ingredient food safety risk assessments as necessary to support business objectives.
- Working under the direction of a Plant Quality Control Manager, lead and facilitate Division based Center of Specification improvement projects.
- Works within divisions, under the direction of the Plant Quality Control Manager, to perform factory based projects and tasks.
- Works with plant management team to develop and implement quality system programs and policies as necessary, such as HACCP, Allergen Control, Process Control, etc.
- Perform other duties as specified
- Require a Bachelor’s Degree in a related area.
- One to five years’ experience.
- Excellent math skills and general knowledge of statistical data analysis is required.
- Food plant experience and knowledge of GMP and HACCP related topics is desired.
- Strong communication, analytical abilities, organization skills and general knowledge of Adobe applications, Microsoft 0ffice and Lotus Notes.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please contact the Human Resources Department before the posting is removed. All employees who express an interest in the position and who are qualified will be considered.
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Department: QA
- Newly Weds Foods is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Newly Weds Foods is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.