The Bilingual Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing support to the Plant Human Manager, and acts as a liaison with NWF Chicago plant employees on a variety of issues.
- Administer annual performance appraisal process.
- Process payroll and prepare labor invoices for temporary employees.
- Assist in benefits enrollment / administration as required.
- Translate documents into Spanish.
- Assist with all required research and needs assessments, and provide recommendations.
- Conduct internal HR audits.
- Assist and coordinate employee activities.
- Develop job descriptions for new positions and recommend placement in compensation plan.
- Originate and track headcount and requisitions.
- Independently research various initiatives, including compensation planning, policy updates, and technology improvements. Collect data and resources, present findings and provide recommendations.
- Counsel employees regarding job related issues, company policies, procedures and disciplinary actions.
- Maintain applicant tracking and affirmative action plans and prepare necessary documentation for EEOC, Vet 1 and AAP submissions
- Conduct full cycle recruitment for exempt, non-exempt and temporary positions including phone screens, interviews, conducting pre-employment testing as well as overseeing pre-employment drug and background checks and reference checks.
- Conduct new employee orientations including payroll paperwork and benefits orientation.
- Manage exit interview process.
- Maintain company organization charts, HR Reports, Manning lists and complete required monthly corporate reporting.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without assistance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business, or a related discipline is required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a Human Resources capacity.
- Background in Manufacturing highly preferred.
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- General knowledge of Adobe applications, Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
- Must be able to pass required pre-employment skills testing.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please contact the Human Resources Department before the posting is removed. All employees who express an interest in the position and who are qualified will be considered.
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Department: HR
- Newly Weds Foods is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Newly Weds Foods is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.