1 package Newly Weds Foods English muffins, staled and cubed
3 cups half & half cream
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 Tablespoon vanilla paste
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup butter, melted
¾ cup chocolate chips
1 cup Bing cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Make egg custard mixture by whisking together eggs, half & half cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, vanilla, brown sugar, and butter. Whisk well to ensure all ingredients are blended.
- Place cubed English muffins into greased baking dish. Add cherries and chocolate chips on top of English muffin cubes.
- Pour egg custard mixture over muffin cubes. Lightly stir with a toothpick or skewer to ensure custard is evenly soaking into mix. Press lightly with spoon or spatula to submerge bread cubes and fruit. Let sit for about 15-20 minutes.
- Set the baking dish in a large, shallow roasting pan. Add very hot tap water to the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out almost clean, about 165 -170 degrees.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Drizzle with chocolate sauce to taste.